When you think of Chick-Fil-A you might not think there are many vegan options available. It comes as a pleasant surprise to many that Chick-Fil-A does offer a wide variety of foods that fit into certain diets and lifestyles.
We’re happy to report that Chick-Fil-A does offer vegan-friendly meals at their restaurants.
Does Chick-Fil-A Have Vegan Options?
Chick-Fil-A does have a variety of menu options for every lifestyle, including vegetarian and vegan. Their salads, waffle fries, and wraps are popular vegan options. Chick-Fil-A has a variety of vegan vinaigrettes that can be used to wrap your meal. These are great for adding a bit of flavor to anything.
Their popular Grilled Cool Wrap is a quick and easy way to make a plant-based meal without the need for chicken or cheese. It comes with a side of green leaf lettuce and carrots.
You can also get their Market Salad which features apples, strawberries, and blueberries, topped with a bed of spinach and baby greens.
Get their vegan light balsamic vinaigrette to kick that sweet and salty craving without adding any cheese or meat. You can also check for appropriate ingredients on their allergen guide that can be found here.
What Food at Chick-Fil-A is Vegan?
There are various items on the Chick-Fil-A menu you can get that are vegan as they come, there are some other items you can get with some small modifications that will make them vegan too.
- Hashbrowns – these will be made with just potatoes that are cooked in canola oil
- Fruit Cup – the Chick-Fil-A fruit cup has a refreshing mix of both green and red apples, mandarin orange slices, strawberry pieces, and blueberries. This is the perfect vegan morning treat
- Spicy southwest salad – while this salad comes with chicken breast you can get it without the meat, also don’t forget to ask to omit the cheese too. Instead of the creamy salsa dressing opt for the chili lime vinaigrette which is vegan instead
- Market salad – this is another great option when it comes to a hearty and filling lunch at Chick-Fil-A. This salad again can have the chicken omitted along with the blue cheese and you can also request the light balsamic vinaigrette as a good vegan alternative dressing
- Waffle fries – one of the most iconic menu items at Chick-Fil-A are the waffle fries. Made with just potatoes these are a great and filling vegan snack. They pair well with almost anything too
- Side salad – a smaller salad if you are looking for a snack, just have the cheese omitted and ensure you choose a vegan-friendly dressing
- Waffle potato chips – if you are looking for an even more portable version of the waffle fries you can get an order of the waffle potato chips. These chips are made with some basic ingredients like potatoes, corn, cottonseed, soybean, vegetable, and sunflower oil
- Kale crunch side salad – this is another great and unique option on the menu for a vegan snack, this side Is sweetened with maple syrup so there is no honey in it
- Buddy Fruits apple sauce – a classic and simple sweet treat, this sauce is made with apples, concentrated apple juice and cinnamon for flavor
What Food at Chick-Fil-A is Not Vegan?
The foods and drinks at Chick-Fil-A that are not vegan are quite easy to spot. All of the chicken meals like sandwiches, tenders, fried nuggets, grilled nuggets, and fillets won’t be vegan.
In addition to the obvious chicken selections there are a few other items you’ll want to avoid if you are adhering to vegan dietary guidelines:
- Yogurt parfait
- Cool Wrap
- Cobb salad
- Mac & cheese
- Chicken noodle soup
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Frosted lemonade
- Frosted coffee
- Chocolate chunk cookie
- Chocolate fudge brownie
- Milkshakes (all varieties)
- Icedream cone and cup
In addition to many of the items listed above some of the sauces will not be considered vegan as well like the Chick-Fil-A sauce, garden herb ranch, honey mustard, honey roasted bbq, avocado lime ranch. Thankfully a lot of the sauces are labeled with their ingredients so you can easily identify vegan options for your condiments.
What are Chick-Fil-A’s Vegan Items Made of?
The options considered vegan at Chick-Fil-A are made with ingredients that are created with plant-based ingredients. They won’t contain any meat, dairy, eggs, cheese, or animal byproducts. Any packaged items like the chips will have ingredients listed.
What Other Fast-Food Restaurants Have Vegan Options?
Having a broad assortment of foods to choose from including vegan selections is important for every restaurant.
What Can I Get at Chick-Fil-A That’s Vegan?
Chick-Fil-A is known for its chicken tenders, sandwiches, and nuggets but they do offer a great assortment of vegan foods and beverages for you to enjoy.
If you are ever unsure of an item, you can always ask an employee to verify if what you are interested in is vegan and appropriate for your dietary concerns.