Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is one of the fast-rising restaurants in the United States at the moment. They serve fried chicken and are the favorite of many people at the moment. And this led to the expansion of the restaurants to a chain of over three thousand outlets in 30 countries.
With this background, one will expect the eatery to adopt modern practices such as the use and acceptance of Apple Pay as a payment option. Compatible with Apple devices, Apple Pay is a contactless system of payment in stores, through apps, and over the web.
Does Popeyes Take Apple Pay?
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen takes Apple Pay as an acceptable medium of payment. The popular restaurant started accepting Apple Pay as a medium of payment in-store in 2019. And after some time, Popeyes allowed customers to pay through the app.
Here is the news article confirming that Popeyes accepts Apple Pay.
How to Use Apple Pay in Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Using Apple Pay at any Popeyes outlet is quite simple. The first step involved in using Apple Pay in Popeyes is setting the payment system up on your devices. Due to the popularity of Apple Devices in the United States, it is expected that many people would already have Apple Pay set on their system. However, if you have not set up Apple Pay on your device, there is no need to worry, as the next section talks about this in detail.
How to Set Up Apple Pay on your Apple Device
Whether you are using an iPhone or an Apple Smart Watch, the setup process is simple. First off, you need to go to the ‘Settings’ option on the menu tab. Click on it and select the ‘Wallet and Apple Pay’ option. Next, you select ‘Card’ and click on ‘Continue’ and choose your preferred payment option.
The next line of action is to input your credit or debit card details. There are two options for doing this. You can hold your iPhone over the card and allow the device to read the card number automatically. The second option involves the manual inputting of the card details. After this, you need to read and accept Apple Pay’s terms and conditions. You also need to verify your card through a series of verification steps.
Once you complete these steps, your card is linked to Apple Pay and you can start making payments with your iPhone.
For users of the Apple Smart Watch, the process is a bit different as it requires a linked iPhone, i.e. an iPhone that is linked with the Apple Watch. On the linked iPhone, proceed to the Apple Watch app and open it. Go to the ‘Wallet and Apple Pay’ option and click on ‘Card”. Here you get to add your preferred credit card option. Follow the instructions on the watch to complete the process. Once you have Apple Pay set up on your devices, you can now proceed to use Apple Pay at Popeyes.
How to use Apple Pay at Popeyes
Using Apple Pay for payment purposes at Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is also simple. It involves the following steps;
- First off, double click the button on the right side of your iPhone
- Depending on the security option preferred, unlock your device. You will need to face your iPhone screen if you are using a Face ID or touch the home button if you are using the Touch Id. The last security option is the passcode, which you need to input.
- After unlocking your phone, hold it against the contactless point of the sale reader. The sale reader is the machine that receives your credit or debit card. You need to keep holding the phone against the point until you hear a ping with a green checkmark on the sales reader machine, or a green checkmark with the word “Done” on your iPhone.
- Once you see this, it means that the payment is successful and you have used Apple Pay to make a payment at Popeyes.
For users of Apple Watch, the process is not that different from that of the iPhone;
- You need to double-tap the button on the right side of the watch’s dial
- You will need to input your passcode if prompted
- After unlocking the watch, hold it against the contactless point on the machine until the payment is complete
Do Popeyes Take Apple Pay for Online/App?
Popeyes allow customers to pay with Apple Pay when they buy food through the Popeyes App. The steps involved are as follows;
- This guide assumes that you already have the Popeyes App downloaded on your device. Thus, the first step is to open the app and sign in.
- People who just downloaded the app will need to create an account. After signing in or creating a new account, select the “Pickup or Delivery” option located on the top of the screen. You will be prompted to choose the nearest outlet to your location.
- Next, go to the food menu, make your selection and add it to the cart.
- After choosing the food you want, go to the shopping cart and review items. Select Continue to Payment to finalize the order and pay with Apple Pay.
- Fill in the details required such as the pickup or delivery time, your details, and proceed to choose Apple Pay as the preferred payment option.
- The payment will be made and you get your food delivered or you go pick it up.
Other Payment Options Accepted by Popeyes
Apart from Apple Pay, the restaurant accepts other payment options such as cash, credit and debit cards, and PayPal. Other acceptable options include Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
Other Restaurants that Accepts Apple Pay
Apart from Popeyes, the following restaurants allow customers to make payment with Apple Pay;
- Dunkin Donuts
- Jamba Juice
- El Pollo Loco
- KFC and many others.
Popeyes allows the use of Apple Pay as an acceptable payment option. however, it is important to state that some Popeyes outlets don’t accept Apple Pay while many of the restaurants allow you to make payment using the option.